Shoe hurled at Yasin Malik during BJP protests
Ajmer: A shoe was flung at Jammu and
Kashmir Liberation Front(JKLF) chief Yasin Malik on Friday when
BJP activists staged a protest against his visit to this
pilgrim town in Rajasthan.
Police said the shoe however missed Malik, who was
standing on the third floor of a hotel in Ganj locality where
he is staying for the last two days.
Demanding that Malik be asked to leave the city
immediately, BJP workers led by party MLA Vasudev Devnani
burnt an effigy of him and shouted slogans against the
separatist leader in front of the hotel.
"We cannot tolerate the presence of anti-social
elements like Yasin Malik in the holy city," Devnani said.
Devnani said a memorandum has been submitted to District
Collector Manju Rajpal demanding that Malik be asked to leave
this city immediately.
"While BJP activists were stopped from unfurling the
national flag at Lal Chowk in Kashmir, an anti-national person
is roaming freely in the country and we are against it," the
Malik offered prayers at the dargah of Sufi saint
Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti yesterday, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey