Shoe hurled at Yasin Malik during BJP protests
Ajmer: A shoe was flung at Jammu and
Kashmir Liberation Front(JKLF) chief Yasin Malik on Friday when
BJP activists staged a protest against his visit to this
pilgrim town in Rajasthan.
Police said the shoe however missed Malik, who was
standing on the third floor of a hotel in Ganj locality where
he is staying for the last two days.
Demanding that Malik be asked to leave the city
immediately, BJP workers led by party MLA Vasudev Devnani
burnt an effigy of him and shouted slogans against the
separatist leader in front of the hotel.
"We cannot tolerate the presence of anti-social
elements like Yasin Malik in the holy city," Devnani said.
Devnani said a memorandum has been submitted to District
Collector Manju Rajpal demanding that Malik be asked to leave
this city immediately.
"While BJP activists were stopped from unfurling the
national flag at Lal Chowk in Kashmir, an anti-national person
is roaming freely in the country and we are against it," the
Malik offered prayers at the dargah of Sufi saint
Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti yesterday, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- No evidence against Mahesh Girri in NDMC officer murder: Police
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, three former CMs may lose NSG security cover: Report
- Universe crowded with black holes predicted
- ISRO tells industry to enhance capacity to meet demand
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia