Shoe hurled at Yasin Malik during BJP protests
Ajmer: A shoe was flung at Jammu and
Kashmir Liberation Front(JKLF) chief Yasin Malik on Friday when
BJP activists staged a protest against his visit to this
pilgrim town in Rajasthan.
Police said the shoe however missed Malik, who was
standing on the third floor of a hotel in Ganj locality where
he is staying for the last two days.
Demanding that Malik be asked to leave the city
immediately, BJP workers led by party MLA Vasudev Devnani
burnt an effigy of him and shouted slogans against the
separatist leader in front of the hotel.
"We cannot tolerate the presence of anti-social
elements like Yasin Malik in the holy city," Devnani said.
Devnani said a memorandum has been submitted to District
Collector Manju Rajpal demanding that Malik be asked to leave
this city immediately.
"While BJP activists were stopped from unfurling the
national flag at Lal Chowk in Kashmir, an anti-national person
is roaming freely in the country and we are against it," the
Malik offered prayers at the dargah of Sufi saint
Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti yesterday, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday