Shoe hurled at Yasin Malik during BJP protests
Ajmer: A shoe was flung at Jammu and
Kashmir Liberation Front(JKLF) chief Yasin Malik on Friday when
BJP activists staged a protest against his visit to this
pilgrim town in Rajasthan.
Police said the shoe however missed Malik, who was
standing on the third floor of a hotel in Ganj locality where
he is staying for the last two days.
Demanding that Malik be asked to leave the city
immediately, BJP workers led by party MLA Vasudev Devnani
burnt an effigy of him and shouted slogans against the
separatist leader in front of the hotel.
"We cannot tolerate the presence of anti-social
elements like Yasin Malik in the holy city," Devnani said.
Devnani said a memorandum has been submitted to District
Collector Manju Rajpal demanding that Malik be asked to leave
this city immediately.
"While BJP activists were stopped from unfurling the
national flag at Lal Chowk in Kashmir, an anti-national person
is roaming freely in the country and we are against it," the
Malik offered prayers at the dargah of Sufi saint
Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti yesterday, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi