Shoe hurled at Yasin Malik during BJP protests
Ajmer: A shoe was flung at Jammu and
Kashmir Liberation Front(JKLF) chief Yasin Malik on Friday when
BJP activists staged a protest against his visit to this
pilgrim town in Rajasthan.
Police said the shoe however missed Malik, who was
standing on the third floor of a hotel in Ganj locality where
he is staying for the last two days.
Demanding that Malik be asked to leave the city
immediately, BJP workers led by party MLA Vasudev Devnani
burnt an effigy of him and shouted slogans against the
separatist leader in front of the hotel.
"We cannot tolerate the presence of anti-social
elements like Yasin Malik in the holy city," Devnani said.
Devnani said a memorandum has been submitted to District
Collector Manju Rajpal demanding that Malik be asked to leave
this city immediately.
"While BJP activists were stopped from unfurling the
national flag at Lal Chowk in Kashmir, an anti-national person
is roaming freely in the country and we are against it," the
Malik offered prayers at the dargah of Sufi saint
Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti yesterday, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi