Shopian case: Doctors who conducted autopsy to be probed
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Wednesday ordered a departmental inquiry into the conduct of two
teams of doctors who carried out autopsy of the two women
allegedly raped and murdered in Shopian.
"We have ordered departmental inquiry into the conduct of
two teams of doctors who performed autopsy of Aasiya (17) and
Neelofar (22)," state`s Health Minister Sham Lal Sharma said,
adding severe action would be initiated against them if found
A team of doctors from Shopian district hospital
conducted the first autopsy of the victims on May 30 which was
followed by another autopsy by a team of doctors from Pulwama
district on the request of locals.
Bodies of Aasiya and her sister-in-law Neelofar were
recovered near a stream on May 30, a day after they went
missing in Shopian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered