Shopian case: Doctors who conducted autopsy to be probed
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government
on Wednesday ordered a departmental inquiry into the conduct of two
teams of doctors who carried out autopsy of the two women
allegedly raped and murdered in Shopian.
"We have ordered departmental inquiry into the conduct of
two teams of doctors who performed autopsy of Aasiya (17) and
Neelofar (22)," state`s Health Minister Sham Lal Sharma said,
adding severe action would be initiated against them if found
A team of doctors from Shopian district hospital
conducted the first autopsy of the victims on May 30 which was
followed by another autopsy by a team of doctors from Pulwama
district on the request of locals.
Bodies of Aasiya and her sister-in-law Neelofar were
recovered near a stream on May 30, a day after they went
missing in Shopian.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'