Shopian case: Recording of statements deferred by another week
Srinagar: The inquiry officer, probing into the killing of five persons allegedly by CRPF in Shopian earlier this month, has extended the recording of statements of witnesses by another week.
District Magistrate, Shopian, Bashir Ahmad Bhat has extended the time period for recording of statements or sharing of information by the general public by a week upto October 5, an official spokesman said today.
He said the interested persons can visit the office of the district magistrate between 11 am to 3 pm upto the extended date.
Four persons were killed by CRPF outside their camp at Gagran on September 7 allegedly in retaliation to a militant attack, while another person was shot dead by the troops on September 11 during a protest demonstration in support of the demand for removal of the camp and arrest of the CRPF personnel involved in the killings.
The state government on September 12 ordered a magisterial inquiry into the firing incidents and appointed Bhat as the inquiry officer.
The officer first issued a notice calling upon witnesses to depose before him in connection with the killings from September 16 to September 21. However, nobody came forward to depose before the inquiry officer.
The date was then extended by one week upto September 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical