Shrine Board launches free online Yatra registration
Jammu: In an effort to facilitate the registration process for pilgrims visiting Vaishno Devi, the Shrine Board on Monday launched online registration system.
"Online registration for procuring a Yatra Slip is part of the Board`s ongoing efforts to facilitate pilgrims and to improve existing procedures, apart from enhancing accessibility of services to Yatris," said chief executive officer, Vaishno Devi Shrine Board, Navin K Choudhary.
"This initiative is a part of several steps, which are in process," he said.
Choudhary informed that the service will be available free of cost and any person planning to visit the shrine can book his Yatra permit online for a chosen day, 30 days in advance.
"The pilgrim can even book online on the very day of pilgrimage," he said adding that once a devotee books a permit, the person will get a printed registration slip, which has to be retained during pilgrimage.
"Each Yatra registration slip will have a specific number and a barcode. Thus, every pilgrim carrying such slip can start the journey without having to stand in a queue at the Yatra registration counter, at Jammu or Katra," Choudhary informed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj