Shutdown in Kishtwar-Doda belts over Afzal`s hanging
Jammu: Partial shutdown was observed in several mountainous belts of the Jammu region on Friday over the hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
Shops and business establishments in Kishtwar, Bhaderwah and Doda belts of the Jammu region were partially closed, said police officials.
However, there was a complete bandh in the Banihal belt of the Ramban district, they added.
There were no reports of any untoward incident from anywhere, according to police.
Guru was hanged at Tihar Jail in New Delhi on February 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state