Shutdown in Kishtwar-Doda belts over Afzal`s hanging
Jammu: Partial shutdown was observed in several mountainous belts of the Jammu region on Friday over the hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
Shops and business establishments in Kishtwar, Bhaderwah and Doda belts of the Jammu region were partially closed, said police officials.
However, there was a complete bandh in the Banihal belt of the Ramban district, they added.
There were no reports of any untoward incident from anywhere, according to police.
Guru was hanged at Tihar Jail in New Delhi on February 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police