Shutdown in old city area of Srinagar
Srinagar: Business establishments and shops
in some parts of old Srinagar city on Saturday observed a shutdown
against the alleged high-handedness of security forces during
clashes with supporters here, official sources said.
A group of youth blocked the roads around Jamia Masjid,
Nowhatta and Gojwara while the shops remained closed to
protest against police and CRPF action yesterday, the sources
They said the local residents accused the law enforcing
agencies of ransacking the houses and shops in their areas
during clashes with stone-pelting protestors.
Some youth took to the streets after Friday prayers to
protest against the house arrest of moderate Hurriyat
Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq. Two persons were
injured in the clashes.
Meanwhile, hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed
Ali Shah Geelani continued to be under house arrest with
police preventing him from addressing a press conference at
his Hyderpora residence.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!