Shutdown partially affects normal life in Jammu
Jammu: Normal life in Jammu was affected Saturday by a partial shutdown to protest against Friday`s clashes in Baltal base camp of the Amarnath Yatra.
Shops remained closed in Jammu city and public transport plied only partially while private transport, government offices, banks and post offices functioned normally.
The Bharatiya Janata Party and the Vishva Hindu Parishad had called for a shutdown to protest against the clashes in Baltal base camp following a scuffle between a local pony operator and a cook.
A senior police officer said no untoward incident has been reported so far from any part of Jammu.
"The shutdown call has evoked partial response in the city, otherwise life is going on in a normal way," a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof