SI implicated to appease pro-terrorist forces: BJP
Jammu: Asserting that sub-inspector Shiv Kumar was instrumental in wiping out terrorism from Doda-Kishtwar districts, BJP today alleged that he was falsely implicated to appease pro-terrorist forces.
"Sub-Inspector Shiv Kumar was arrested at the behest of some surrendered terrorists because it was due his valiant efforts that terrorism was almost wiped out from this belt," former BJP state president and national executive member Nirmal Singh said.
Sharma was arrested yesterday from Doda after five arrested ultras, allegedly involved in a grenade attack on Thathri police station earlier this year, revealed that the officer was involved in running a terrorist module.
On the statements of former terrorists, police have registered an FIR and arrested one of the most decorated police officers of the state, he alleged.
Singh also targeted minister of state for Home Sajjad Ahmed Kichloo for hatching this whole conspiracy.
"Kichloo is responsible for his arrest," the BJP leader alleged.
The state unit of the party has decided to stage a dharna at Doda on June 6 against the "dangerous game plan" of NC and Congress leaders, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?