SI implicated to appease pro-terrorist forces: BJP
Jammu: Asserting that sub-inspector Shiv Kumar was instrumental in wiping out terrorism from Doda-Kishtwar districts, BJP today alleged that he was falsely implicated to appease pro-terrorist forces.
"Sub-Inspector Shiv Kumar was arrested at the behest of some surrendered terrorists because it was due his valiant efforts that terrorism was almost wiped out from this belt," former BJP state president and national executive member Nirmal Singh said.
Sharma was arrested yesterday from Doda after five arrested ultras, allegedly involved in a grenade attack on Thathri police station earlier this year, revealed that the officer was involved in running a terrorist module.
On the statements of former terrorists, police have registered an FIR and arrested one of the most decorated police officers of the state, he alleged.
Singh also targeted minister of state for Home Sajjad Ahmed Kichloo for hatching this whole conspiracy.
"Kichloo is responsible for his arrest," the BJP leader alleged.
The state unit of the party has decided to stage a dharna at Doda on June 6 against the "dangerous game plan" of NC and Congress leaders, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'