Siachen Army hospital in Ladakh celebrates golden
Jammu: Siachen Army hospital, the life line to soldiers guarding the world`s highest battle-field, is celebrating its golden jubilee.
The Siachen hospital, one of the largest and premier field hospital of Indian armed forces, has been supporting troops deployed in highest and coldest battle-field of the world, PRO, Northern Command, Lt Col Rajesh Kalia said.
The hospital is one of its kind in world with rich expertise in handling all issues related to extreme cold and harsh environment, he added.
The hospital recently completed 50 years of its existence and is currently celebrating its Golden Jubilee, he said.
A function was organised somewhere in Northern Sector today to commemorate the occasion, and was presided over by the Director General Medical Services (Army), President`s Honorary Surgeon and the Colonel Commandant of Army Medical corps.
The function was also attended by the Siachen Brigade Commander, local political, administrative and Ex servicemen representative (MLA) T Namgial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'