Siachen Army hospital in Ladakh celebrates golden
Jammu: Siachen Army hospital, the life line to soldiers guarding the world`s highest battle-field, is celebrating its golden jubilee.
The Siachen hospital, one of the largest and premier field hospital of Indian armed forces, has been supporting troops deployed in highest and coldest battle-field of the world, PRO, Northern Command, Lt Col Rajesh Kalia said.
The hospital is one of its kind in world with rich expertise in handling all issues related to extreme cold and harsh environment, he added.
The hospital recently completed 50 years of its existence and is currently celebrating its Golden Jubilee, he said.
A function was organised somewhere in Northern Sector today to commemorate the occasion, and was presided over by the Director General Medical Services (Army), President`s Honorary Surgeon and the Colonel Commandant of Army Medical corps.
The function was also attended by the Siachen Brigade Commander, local political, administrative and Ex servicemen representative (MLA) T Namgial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore