Siachen Army hospital in Ladakh celebrates golden
Jammu: Siachen Army hospital, the life line to soldiers guarding the world`s highest battle-field, is celebrating its golden jubilee.
The Siachen hospital, one of the largest and premier field hospital of Indian armed forces, has been supporting troops deployed in highest and coldest battle-field of the world, PRO, Northern Command, Lt Col Rajesh Kalia said.
The hospital is one of its kind in world with rich expertise in handling all issues related to extreme cold and harsh environment, he added.
The hospital recently completed 50 years of its existence and is currently celebrating its Golden Jubilee, he said.
A function was organised somewhere in Northern Sector today to commemorate the occasion, and was presided over by the Director General Medical Services (Army), President`s Honorary Surgeon and the Colonel Commandant of Army Medical corps.
The function was also attended by the Siachen Brigade Commander, local political, administrative and Ex servicemen representative (MLA) T Namgial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?