Siachen Army hospital in Ladakh celebrates golden
Jammu: Siachen Army hospital, the life line to soldiers guarding the world`s highest battle-field, is celebrating its golden jubilee.
The Siachen hospital, one of the largest and premier field hospital of Indian armed forces, has been supporting troops deployed in highest and coldest battle-field of the world, PRO, Northern Command, Lt Col Rajesh Kalia said.
The hospital is one of its kind in world with rich expertise in handling all issues related to extreme cold and harsh environment, he added.
The hospital recently completed 50 years of its existence and is currently celebrating its Golden Jubilee, he said.
A function was organised somewhere in Northern Sector today to commemorate the occasion, and was presided over by the Director General Medical Services (Army), President`s Honorary Surgeon and the Colonel Commandant of Army Medical corps.
The function was also attended by the Siachen Brigade Commander, local political, administrative and Ex servicemen representative (MLA) T Namgial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September