Sikh organisation calls for awareness drive about Article 370
Srinagar: People in rest the country are not aware about the importance of Article 370 of the Constitution for Jammu and Kashmir, a Sikh organisation on Friday claimed here and stressed on the need for spreading awareness about it.
All Parties Sikh Coordination Committee (APSCC) also asked the people of Jammu and Kashmir to rise above political ideologies to safeguard Article 370 and prevent its further erosion.
"It is the duty and responsibility of all the individuals to ensure that there is no more dilution in Article 370 that gives special status to the people living in Jammu and Kashmir," chairman of APSCC Jagmohan Raina said in a statement.
"People of the state living in Kashmir, Jammu and Ladakh have to rise to the occasion. They have a duty to safeguard their own interests. There is no scope for politics on this issue as it concerns the entire population of the state," Raina said.
The APSCC chairman said that Sikhs, who are a minority in the state, would work shoulder to shoulder with the majority community in their fight to safeguard their interests.
"People living in different parts of India are not aware about the Article 370 and its importance in Jammu and Kashmir. There is a need to bring awareness. Once people are made aware about Article 370, then those talking against it would automatically shut their mouth," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference