Sikhs hold protest against Rahul`s remarks on 1984 riots
Jammu: Over hundreds of Sikhs staged a protest against Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi for his remarks on the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh started his two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir here on Sunday.
Demanding a reinvestigation into the riots cases, the protesters blocked the Jammu-Pathankot highway in Digiana area for over an hour ahead of the PM`s arrival.
"We have moved a PIL in the Supreme Court. We have demanded constitution of Special Investigation Team and reopening of the investigation into the case," Sikh leader SS Wazir told reporters.
He asked Gandhi to spell out the names of Congress leaders who were involved in the Sikh carnage.
"Those congress leaders should be exposed and punished," he said.
Gandhi had in a recent interview admitted that some Congress members were probably involved in the 1984 riots, in which many innocent people had died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday