Sikhs protest against remarks of Asaram spokesperson
Jammu: Several Sikh organisations today held a demonstration here protesting against the alleged remarks of a spokesperson of Asaram Bapu, comparing the self-styled godman with Guru Nanak Dev, the founder of the religion.
Several Sikh outfits, under the banner of United Secular Forum, today held the protest outside Press Club of Jammu, denouncing the utterances of the spokesperson of Asaram.
"We strongly condemn such uncivilised remarks by a representative of a person (Asaram), who has been charged of a heinous crime like rape of a minor girl in his Jodhpur Ashram," one of the protesters said.
"We demand the arrest of the spokesperson and strongest action against Asaram," he added.
A case for hurting the religious sentiments of the community was registered against Neelam Dubey, media advisor of the Asaram Trust, after a complaint against her was filed by Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Committee at Parliament Street police station in New Delhi.
The complaint alleges that the spokesperson made "objectionable" remarks against Guru Nanak, Gautam Buddha and other religious leaders while reacting to the alleged charges of sexual assault on a minor girl against Asaram Bapu during a debate on a Hindi news channel recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok