Sikhs protest against remarks of Asaram spokesperson
Jammu: Several Sikh organisations today held a demonstration here protesting against the alleged remarks of a spokesperson of Asaram Bapu, comparing the self-styled godman with Guru Nanak Dev, the founder of the religion.
Several Sikh outfits, under the banner of United Secular Forum, today held the protest outside Press Club of Jammu, denouncing the utterances of the spokesperson of Asaram.
"We strongly condemn such uncivilised remarks by a representative of a person (Asaram), who has been charged of a heinous crime like rape of a minor girl in his Jodhpur Ashram," one of the protesters said.
"We demand the arrest of the spokesperson and strongest action against Asaram," he added.
A case for hurting the religious sentiments of the community was registered against Neelam Dubey, media advisor of the Asaram Trust, after a complaint against her was filed by Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Committee at Parliament Street police station in New Delhi.
The complaint alleges that the spokesperson made "objectionable" remarks against Guru Nanak, Gautam Buddha and other religious leaders while reacting to the alleged charges of sexual assault on a minor girl against Asaram Bapu during a debate on a Hindi news channel recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why