Sikhs protest against remarks of Asaram spokesperson
Jammu: Several Sikh organisations today held a demonstration here protesting against the alleged remarks of a spokesperson of Asaram Bapu, comparing the self-styled godman with Guru Nanak Dev, the founder of the religion.
Several Sikh outfits, under the banner of United Secular Forum, today held the protest outside Press Club of Jammu, denouncing the utterances of the spokesperson of Asaram.
"We strongly condemn such uncivilised remarks by a representative of a person (Asaram), who has been charged of a heinous crime like rape of a minor girl in his Jodhpur Ashram," one of the protesters said.
"We demand the arrest of the spokesperson and strongest action against Asaram," he added.
A case for hurting the religious sentiments of the community was registered against Neelam Dubey, media advisor of the Asaram Trust, after a complaint against her was filed by Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Committee at Parliament Street police station in New Delhi.
The complaint alleges that the spokesperson made "objectionable" remarks against Guru Nanak, Gautam Buddha and other religious leaders while reacting to the alleged charges of sexual assault on a minor girl against Asaram Bapu during a debate on a Hindi news channel recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP