Sisters` killing inhuman: Moderate Hurriyat
Srinagar: The moderate Hurriyat Conference
on Wednesday condemned the killing of two sisters at Sopore in Jammu
and Kashmir`s Baramulla district terming it as an inhuman act.
"Whosoever has killed the two sisters, it is an inhuman
act," a spokesman of the separatist amalgam said in a
To put an end to violence, it was imperative that the
Kashmir issue should be resolved in accordance with wishes and
aspirations of people of the state, he said.
The statement hit back at those who had questioned
separatists` silence over the killings.
Apparently referring to Chief Minister Omar Abdullah,
the spokesman said these people were in the habit of saying
"why now? Why not then?"
In the first major strike targeting civilians this
year, Lashkar-e-Toiba militants shot dead two sisters after
dragging them out of their house in Sopore Monday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'