SIT to probe minor girls` sexual abuse by `godman` in J&K
Srinagar: A Special Investigation Team has been constituted by Jammu and Kashmir Police to probe into the alleged sexual abuse of minor girls by a self-styled Sufi dervish at his shady `seminary` in Budgam district.
The Special Investigation Team headed by a Deputy Superintendent of Police will investigate into the case of sexual exploitation against Gulzar Ahmad Bhat, who was arrested on May 21, a police spokesman said.
Gulzar Ahmad Bhat was arrested after four minor girl students of his seminary accused him of sexual exploitation at the residential institute at Shamasabad in Khansahib area of Budgam district.
Gulzar`s residential institution for girls offered short duration courses in religious studies.
Meanwhile, one more girl has come forward and alleged that she was also a victim of the self-styled godman`s sexual exploitation racket, police said.
The victim has recorded her statement under section 164 CrPC before the Court, he added.
Gulzar was yesterday produced before a court at Budgam and his police custody was extended till June 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days