Situation in J&K peaceful this year: CRPF
Srinagar: The pressure mounted by
security forces on the militants and the initiatives taken by
the government has ensured that the situation in Kashmir
Valley has remained peaceful this year, a senior CRPF officer
said here on Wednesday.
"The situation this year has remained peaceful in the
Kashmir Valley due to the pressure mounted by the security
forces on the militants," Special Director General of CRPF
Anirudh Uppal told reporters on the sidelines of a function at
central Kashmir`s Budgam district.
Several top militant commanders of Lashkar-e-Toiba
(LeT) and Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM) have been killed in
anti-insurgency operations carried out by the army, police and
CRPF in Kashmir Valley this year. Five top ultras were killed
in Lolab area of Kupwara district earlier this month.
Uppal said the initiatives taken by the government to
engage the youth of the Valley in a positive way have also
helped to ensure stability and peace in Kashmir.
"It is a combination of all these factors, including
the situation across the border," he said.
The Special DG of CRPF was in Kashmir to inaugurate a
T20 Cricket tournament at Shiekhpura ground in Budgam, 12 kms
"Cricket has a direct relation to the temperament of a
player ... it can help in toning down the temperament," he
He said 16 teams from Budgam and adjoining areas will
be taking part in the tournament, which began today.
Meanwhile, 161 Battalion CRPF has also organised an
under-19 inter school T20 cricket tournament at Government
Higher Secondary School Zadibal in Srinagar.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!
- Sangeeta Bijlani not miffed with 'Azhar', says Emraan Hashmi
- No sugar shortage: 31 million MT sugar to be available during 2016-17
- Vegan? Here's how you can get all key nutrients!
- India performing well as compared to other nations: UN expert