Six persons rescued from flash floods in Poonch
Jammu: Six persons, including two
children, were Monday rescued from flash floods by police in
Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Six members of two families from Uttar Pradesh,
including two children and a woman, were crossing the river,
when suddenly they were caught in flash flood triggered by
rains in hills in Mendhar town of the district this morning,
After an hour-long operation, police with the help of
locals rescued them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi