Six wounded in Kashmir explosion
Srinagar: Six people were injured Tuesday when militants hurled a powerful hand grenade at a passing army vehicle in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district, police said.
"Militants hurled a grenade at a passing army vehicle in the Lal Chowk market of Anantnag town today (Tuesday) afternoon," a senior police officer told IANS.
"Six people, including five civilians and a head constable, were injured in the attack while the army vehicle also suffered some minor damages," the officer added.
All the injured have been shifted to the Anantnag district hospital for treatment.
Immediately after the explosion, the busy town market was shut. The traffic has also come to a halt.
No militant outfit has owned responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui