Six wounded in Kashmir explosion
Srinagar: Six people were injured Tuesday when militants hurled a powerful hand grenade at a passing army vehicle in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district, police said.
"Militants hurled a grenade at a passing army vehicle in the Lal Chowk market of Anantnag town today (Tuesday) afternoon," a senior police officer told IANS.
"Six people, including five civilians and a head constable, were injured in the attack while the army vehicle also suffered some minor damages," the officer added.
All the injured have been shifted to the Anantnag district hospital for treatment.
Immediately after the explosion, the busy town market was shut. The traffic has also come to a halt.
No militant outfit has owned responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani