Six wounded in Kashmir explosion
Srinagar: Six people were injured Tuesday when militants hurled a powerful hand grenade at a passing army vehicle in south Kashmir`s Anantnag district, police said.
"Militants hurled a grenade at a passing army vehicle in the Lal Chowk market of Anantnag town today (Tuesday) afternoon," a senior police officer told IANS.
"Six people, including five civilians and a head constable, were injured in the attack while the army vehicle also suffered some minor damages," the officer added.
All the injured have been shifted to the Anantnag district hospital for treatment.
Immediately after the explosion, the busy town market was shut. The traffic has also come to a halt.
No militant outfit has owned responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray