Slight respite from cold conditions in Kashmir Valley
Srinagar: Residents of Kashmir got a slight respite from the bitter cold conditions as the night temperatures across the Valley registered an increase of several degrees.
The weather has remained dry even as the MET Department predicted light rainfall or snowfall for Wednesday and Thursday.
Most of the water bodies across the Valley, including the world famous Dal Lake, continued to be partially frozen. The summer capital Srinagar, which recorded a low of minus 5.3 degrees Celsius yesterday, was warmer by two notches at minus of 3.2 degrees Celsius during the night, a Met department spokesman said.
He said the highway town of Qazigund in South Kashmir registered an increase of over six notches in the night temperature to settle at minus 4.0 degrees Celsius as against yesterday`s minus 10.3 degrees Celsius.
The night temperature in Kokernag settled at a low of minus 8.2 degrees Celsius as compared to minus 8.7 degrees Celsius yesterday, the spokesman said.
He said in North Kashmir`s Kupwara town, where the previous night`s minimum was minus 4.8 degree Celsius, the minimum temperature showed an increase of three degrees to settle at a low of minus 1.7 degree Celsius during the night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother