Small batch of 1027 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A small batch of 1,027 pilgrims on Monday left the Jammu base camp for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir.
A convoy of 43 vehicles, carrying a batch of 1,027 devotees, left the Yatri Niwas Bhagwati Nagar at around 4.50 AM to pay obeisance at the holy cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley, police said.
The 19th batch includes 710 men, 183 women, 9 children apart from 125 priests, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 38,364 pilgrims have left the Jammu base camp for their onward journey.
"This is the smallest batch pilgrims so far. There has been a fall in number of pilgrims leaving for the cave shrine from here", officials said.
Over 2.25 lakh pilgrims have so far paid obeisance at the holy ice lingum of Lord Shiva at Amarnath cave shrine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed