Small batch of 1,785 pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: A small batch of 1,785 devotees Tuesday left Jammu base camp for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
A convoy of 70 vehicles carrying 1,785 devotees left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 5.05 AM towards Amarnath to pay obeisance at the holy cave shrine, police said here today.
The sixth batch, including 1,395 male, 326 women and 14 children, apart from 50 sadhus, was on its way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, a total of 13,825 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
Over 50,000 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir till last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India