Small batch of over 354 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A small batch of 354 devotees on Monday left the Jammu base camp for the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir.
A convoy of 12 vehicles, carrying the 32nd batch of 354 devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4:50 AM to pay obeisance at the cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch includes 225 men, 28 women and eight children, apart from 93 priests, were on their way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Valley, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 49,444 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’