Small batch of over 354 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A small batch of 354 devotees on Monday left the Jammu base camp for the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir.
A convoy of 12 vehicles, carrying the 32nd batch of 354 devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4:50 AM to pay obeisance at the cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch includes 225 men, 28 women and eight children, apart from 93 priests, were on their way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Valley, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 49,444 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion