Small batch of over 354 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A small batch of 354 devotees on Monday left the Jammu base camp for the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir.
A convoy of 12 vehicles, carrying the 32nd batch of 354 devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4:50 AM to pay obeisance at the cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch includes 225 men, 28 women and eight children, apart from 93 priests, were on their way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Valley, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 49,444 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India