Small batch of over 354 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A small batch of 354 devotees on Monday left the Jammu base camp for the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir.
A convoy of 12 vehicles, carrying the 32nd batch of 354 devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4:50 AM to pay obeisance at the cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch includes 225 men, 28 women and eight children, apart from 93 priests, were on their way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Valley, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 49,444 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle