Small batch of over 354 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: A small batch of 354 devotees on Monday left the Jammu base camp for the cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir.
A convoy of 12 vehicles, carrying the 32nd batch of 354 devotees, left the Yatri Niwas at Bhagwati Nagar at around 4:50 AM to pay obeisance at the cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley, police said.
The batch includes 225 men, 28 women and eight children, apart from 93 priests, were on their way to twin base camps of Pahalagam and Baltal in the Valley, they added.
With today`s batch, a total of 49,444 pilgrims have left Jammu base camp for Amarnath so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?