Smallest batch of 320 pilgrims leaves for Amarnath pilgrimage
Jammu: Four days before the conclusion of the annual Amarnath yatra, the smallest batch till now comprising 320 pilgrims on Saturday left for the cave shrine.
With CRPF escorting them, 232 men, 85 women and 3 children left in a cavalcade of 18 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours, a police official said.
The yatra convoy has already crossed Udhampur on Jammu-Srinagar National highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in the Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, as many as 91,443 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the Amarnath cave shrine.
So far over 6 lakh pilgrims have offered prayers since the annual pilgrimage commenced on June 25.
The yatra will conclude on August 2, coinciding with Raksha Bandhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’