Snap military ties with Tel Aviv: J&K CPM, PDF to Centre
Srinagar: Condemning Israeli airstrikes on Gaza enclave in Palestine, the Jammu and Kashmir unit of CPI (M) and the Peoples Democratic Front (PDF) on Monday asked the Centre to snap military ties with Tel Aviv.
"We strongly condemn the renewed military attacks on Gaza. The last five days` onslaught has consumed over 73 lives which include women and children," CPI (M) state secretary M Y Tarigami and PDF chairman Hakim Mohammad Yasin said in a joint statement here.
The two leaders asked the Centre to condemn in strongest possible words the "Israeli aggression" and snap military ties with Tel Aviv.
Tarigami and Yasin also called on the world community to rise to the occasion.
"The entire world needs to rise above all political or economic considerations and condemn these military strikes on people of Gaza," the statement said.
The two leaders expressed serious concern over reports that hospitals are running out of medicine and power and water supplies have been cut to Gaza residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you