Snap military ties with Tel Aviv: J&K CPM, PDF to Centre
Srinagar: Condemning Israeli airstrikes on Gaza enclave in Palestine, the Jammu and Kashmir unit of CPI (M) and the Peoples Democratic Front (PDF) on Monday asked the Centre to snap military ties with Tel Aviv.
"We strongly condemn the renewed military attacks on Gaza. The last five days` onslaught has consumed over 73 lives which include women and children," CPI (M) state secretary M Y Tarigami and PDF chairman Hakim Mohammad Yasin said in a joint statement here.
The two leaders asked the Centre to condemn in strongest possible words the "Israeli aggression" and snap military ties with Tel Aviv.
Tarigami and Yasin also called on the world community to rise to the occasion.
"The entire world needs to rise above all political or economic considerations and condemn these military strikes on people of Gaza," the statement said.
The two leaders expressed serious concern over reports that hospitals are running out of medicine and power and water supplies have been cut to Gaza residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city