Snow alert: Srinagar-Jammu highway to be closed
Srinagar: The Srinagar-Jammu highway, Kashmir Valley`s only link with the country apart from air travel, would be closed Thursday. This follows the Met office forecasting moderate to heavy snow from Wednesday evening to Saturday.
"The snowfall could be rather heavy in the Pir Panjal mountain range that could disrupt traffic on the Srinagar-Jammu highway. Air traffic could also be affected during this period because of the rain/snow and poor visibility," Sonam Lotus, director of the weather office here, told a news agency.
The Met office had issued an advisory Tuesday evening.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar was 0.1 degree Celsius Wednesday. It was -3.8 degrees in Pahalgam, -6.7 in Gulmarg, -9.5 in Leh and 12 points below freezing point in Kargil town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!