Snow alert: Srinagar-Jammu highway to be closed
Srinagar: The Srinagar-Jammu highway, Kashmir Valley`s only link with the country apart from air travel, would be closed Thursday. This follows the Met office forecasting moderate to heavy snow from Wednesday evening to Saturday.
"The snowfall could be rather heavy in the Pir Panjal mountain range that could disrupt traffic on the Srinagar-Jammu highway. Air traffic could also be affected during this period because of the rain/snow and poor visibility," Sonam Lotus, director of the weather office here, told a news agency.
The Met office had issued an advisory Tuesday evening.
The minimum temperature in Srinagar was 0.1 degree Celsius Wednesday. It was -3.8 degrees in Pahalgam, -6.7 in Gulmarg, -9.5 in Leh and 12 points below freezing point in Kargil town.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- India vs Zimbabwe: BCCI confirms tour; three ODIs, equal number of T20Is to be played in 12 days
- ICC rankings: India lose top T20 spot; slip to 4th position in ODIs
- Kanhaiya Kumar questions JNU VC for calling hunger strike 'unlawful', compares self with Bhagat Singh, Gandhi
- Apple loses China trademark case for ''iPhone'' on leather goods
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi