Soldier killed by colleague in Kashmir
Jammu: An Indian Army soldier posted close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Rajouri district was shot dead by a colleague following a verbal spat, police said Tuesday.
Mukesh Kumar of the 33 Rashtriya Rifles was killed late Monday in Kalal area, about 150 km from here, near the LoC that divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan.
"According to the report lodged with the police, Mukesh Kumar and Ratinder Kumar of 33 Rashtriya Rifles, posted in Kalal area, had a tiff at about 11.30 p.m. last night," said Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Rajouri, Mubassir Latifi.
Following the tiff, Ratinder Kumar sprayed bullets at Mukesh Kumar from his AK 47 rifle, killing him on the spot. He was later overpowered by other colleagues.
The army is also inquiring into the incident.
A week ago, a paramilitary Sashatra Suraksha Bal (SSB) trooper had shot dead two colleagues and injured two others in Kishtwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000