`Solution to Kashmir lies within Constitution`
Hiranagar: Opposition People`s Democratic Party on Sunday said any solution to the vexed issue of Kashmir should be found within the framework of the Indian Constitution and called for stronger Cente-State relations.
"Today the people will demand self-rule and tomorrow they will ask for `aazadi`, this way we cannot find a solution to our problem. The real solution of Kashmir issue lies within the Constitution of India," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said.
"We should insist on a strong relationship with the Centre. Only then development will come about," Sayeed said, addressing a public rally in the border area of Hiranagar in Kathua district.
The PDP leader, however, said that his party would not stay silent till a solution is reached and added that it would keep on working for the "rightful demands of the citizens of Jammu and Kashmir".
Slamming the ruling National Conference, Sayeed claimed that development in Jammu and Kashmir had come to a halt under the Omar Abdullah-led government.
"The state`s condition has gone from bad to worse. There is no redressal of grievances, unemployment is on the rise and so is corruption," he said.
Another PDP leader, Muzaffar Hussain Baig, who was also present on the occasion, claimed that the condition of the state had deteriorated since the present government took over the administrative reins.
"The youth of the state has been rendered jobless, the corruption is increasing, there is shortage of drinking water. People are not even getting basic amenities," Baig said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport