`Solve Kashmir issue to improve Indo-Pak ties`
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference
chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has said improving relations
between India and Pakistan and establishing peace in the South
Asian region is not possible unless Kashmir issue is resolved.
"The peace prosperity and development of the region and
improvement in relations between India and Pakistan is not
possible unless Kashmir issue is resolved," a Hurriyat
statement quoted Mirwaiz telling Pakistan Foreign Minister
Hina Rabbani Khar during a meeting in New York last evening.
Mirwaiz in the US city to attend the meeting of Kashmir
Contact Group of Organisation of Islamic Conference which is
being held on the sidelines of the 66th session of UN General
The Hurriyat chairman briefed the Pakistan foreign
minister about the prevailing situation in Kashmir including
the revelation of unmarked graves and alleged human rights
The Hurriyat statement said Khar expressed her country`s
concern over the "overall worsening situation in Jammu and
Kashmir and the continued human rights violations."
"She assured that Pakistan will continue to support the
struggle in Jammu and Kashmir in future as well," the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India