Some initiatives on J&K not taken to logical conclusion: PC
Srinagar: Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Tuesday expressed disappointment that some of the initiatives taken on Jammu and Kashmir during his tenure as Home Minister were not taken to logical conclusion but hoped these would be taken forward.
"We do not claim that we solved all the problems but we brought some passion to resolve those problems.
"I was disappointed that some of those initiatives were not taken to logical conclusion," Chidambaram said in his address at the Platinum Jubilee celebrations of the Jammu and Kashmir Bank here.
Referring to initiatives taken during his time at the Union Home Ministry, he said "I wish the interlocutors` report and the All-Party delegation had taken the initiative forward."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest