Some initiatives on J&K not taken to logical conclusion: PC
Srinagar: Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Tuesday expressed disappointment that some of the initiatives taken on Jammu and Kashmir during his tenure as Home Minister were not taken to logical conclusion but hoped these would be taken forward.
"We do not claim that we solved all the problems but we brought some passion to resolve those problems.
"I was disappointed that some of those initiatives were not taken to logical conclusion," Chidambaram said in his address at the Platinum Jubilee celebrations of the Jammu and Kashmir Bank here.
Referring to initiatives taken during his time at the Union Home Ministry, he said "I wish the interlocutors` report and the All-Party delegation had taken the initiative forward."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why