Some parts in Kashmir get respite from cold
Srinagar: Some parts of Kashmir, including Srinagar, got some respite from the cold conditions even as the mercury dipped in rest of the Valley by a couple of degrees.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a low of 1.5 degrees Celsius, an increase of one degree as compared to previous night`s low of 0.5 degrees Celsius, a MeT department official said.
The mercury settled at freezing point in Qazigund, the gateway town to Kashmir Valley, up by 1.5 degrees as compared to previous night.
Kupwara, in north Kashmir, registered a low of 1.5 degrees Celsius, nearly two degrees up from the previous night`s minus 0.4 degrees Celsius, the official said.
The night temperature in south Kashmir`s Kokernag settled at a low of minus 0.6 degrees Celsius as compared to the previous night?s minus 3.6 degrees Celsius.
However, in Pahalgam hill resort, in south Kashmir, mercury dipped by 2.6 degrees C to settle at a low of minus 6.4 degrees Celsius last night.
The famous ski-resort of Gulmarg, which recorded a low of minus 6.0 degrees Celsius the previous night, registered a low of minus 7.6 degrees Celsius last night.
The mercury in Leh, in frontier region of Ladakh, rose by more than two degrees to settle at a low of minus 12.8 degrees Celsius as compared to the previous night`s minus 10.2 degrees Celsius.
The mercury in the nearby Kargil town settled at minus 13 degrees Celsius as against the previous night`s minus 12 degrees Celsius, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick