Some people don`t want situation to become conducive in J-K: CM
Kishtwar (JK): A day after a brazen militant attack left eight Army jawans dead, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday said there are some elements who do not want the situation in the state to become conducive and are always in search of occasions to disturb peace.
"Some elements inimical to peace don`t want the situation to become conducive and people live a normal life," Omar said addressing a gathering after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi laid the foundation stone of 850 MW Rattle Project here.
Without identifying these elements, he said they are always in search of occasions to disturb tranquillity.
However, the Chief Minister said "the people of the state will isolate these elements and foil their attempts."
Omar remembered the sacrifices of soldiers who lost their lives in protecting the state and the country, and to restore peace in Jammu and Kashmir.
He expressed solidarity with the forces and lauded their bravery and highest degree of service for the country and the people.
While condemning Monday`s terror attack in Srinagar, the Chief Minister conveyed his sympathy to the bereaved families and the Army.
"The efforts of the Union and state governments have yielded positive results on peace and development fronts. The peace is gradually rooting in the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days