Sonamarg-Drass highway reopened for vehicular traffic
Jammu: The Sonamarg-Drass Road (Zojila pass) has been thrown open for vehicular movement, the Jammu and Kashmir government said today.
According to a Transport department notification, movement of vehicular traffic was allowed from April 15 on the Sonamargh-Drass Road.
Traffic will be regulated downward from Kargil to Drass at 4 am, from Drass to Gumri at 6 am and from Gumri to Sonamarg at 10 am, it said.
Likewise, the upward convey will move from Sonamarg towards Drass and Kargil at 3 pm onwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city