Soon passports with ghost image in J&K to avoid smudging
Srinagar: The passport office here plans to introduce new passport booklets with ghost image or letter screen image in an attempt to overcome smudging problems.
"Keeping in view the security aspects of the passport booklet, we will come up with new passport booklets which will have the benefits of ghost image or letter screen image for improvement in personalisation, security and print quality," Passport Officer Firdous Iqbal said.
This would overcome the complaints of smudging and result in better print quality, he said adding that the ghost image will provide an additional overt security feature to protect travel documents against tampering and unauthorised personalisation.
"It eliminates the possibility to reproduce, alter or modify the documents and the possibility of photo-substitution," Iqbal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range