Soon passports with ghost image in J&K to avoid smudging
Srinagar: The passport office here plans to introduce new passport booklets with ghost image or letter screen image in an attempt to overcome smudging problems.
"Keeping in view the security aspects of the passport booklet, we will come up with new passport booklets which will have the benefits of ghost image or letter screen image for improvement in personalisation, security and print quality," Passport Officer Firdous Iqbal said.
This would overcome the complaints of smudging and result in better print quality, he said adding that the ghost image will provide an additional overt security feature to protect travel documents against tampering and unauthorised personalisation.
"It eliminates the possibility to reproduce, alter or modify the documents and the possibility of photo-substitution," Iqbal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon