Soz bats for talks over AFSPA withdrawal
Jammu: Congress on Saturday expressed opposition to
a public debate over withdrawal of Armed Forces Special Powers
Act in Jammu and Kashmir but said talks with all stakeholders
should be initiated in that direction.
"There should be no public debate over withdrawal of
AFSPA. In this direction talks with all stakeholders should
be undertaken", Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee
(JKPCC) Chief Saifuddin Soz told reporters here.
However, the Congress leader said, "It is a temporary
act, which has to end sometime or the other."
Soz, who chaired the coordination committee meeting of
the ruling NC-Congress combine claimed there no differences
between the allies surfaced at the meeting today but said very
soon another meeting would be held.
"We have thoroughly discussed all the issues concerned
with strengthening the government in a cordial way," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites