Soz bats for talks over AFSPA withdrawal
Jammu: Congress on Saturday expressed opposition to
a public debate over withdrawal of Armed Forces Special Powers
Act in Jammu and Kashmir but said talks with all stakeholders
should be initiated in that direction.
"There should be no public debate over withdrawal of
AFSPA. In this direction talks with all stakeholders should
be undertaken", Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee
(JKPCC) Chief Saifuddin Soz told reporters here.
However, the Congress leader said, "It is a temporary
act, which has to end sometime or the other."
Soz, who chaired the coordination committee meeting of
the ruling NC-Congress combine claimed there no differences
between the allies surfaced at the meeting today but said very
soon another meeting would be held.
"We have thoroughly discussed all the issues concerned
with strengthening the government in a cordial way," he said.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Forest fires threaten to wipe out 1,500 villages in Uttarakhand, NDRF, IAF step in to mitigate crisis, govt issues alert
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection