Soz bats for talks over AFSPA withdrawal
Jammu: Congress on Saturday expressed opposition to
a public debate over withdrawal of Armed Forces Special Powers
Act in Jammu and Kashmir but said talks with all stakeholders
should be initiated in that direction.
"There should be no public debate over withdrawal of
AFSPA. In this direction talks with all stakeholders should
be undertaken", Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee
(JKPCC) Chief Saifuddin Soz told reporters here.
However, the Congress leader said, "It is a temporary
act, which has to end sometime or the other."
Soz, who chaired the coordination committee meeting of
the ruling NC-Congress combine claimed there no differences
between the allies surfaced at the meeting today but said very
soon another meeting would be held.
"We have thoroughly discussed all the issues concerned
with strengthening the government in a cordial way," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Check Biharboard.bih.nic.in & Biharboard.ac.in for BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12th XII Intermediate Arts Result 2016 to be announced today - just an hour to go
- When Rajiv Gandhi explained features of a new Indian Navy ship to his parents-in-law
- Congolese's murder: VK Singh deputed to allay African envoys' concerns
- Kolkata civic body orders testing of bread samples
- Two journalists asked to leave army event as they didn't stand up during national anthem