Soz discusses AFSPA with Governor?
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Congress chief Saif-ud-Din Soz on Monday met Governor NN Vohra here on Monday, with those close to him saying he discussed the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA).
Soz met the Governor for more than one hour. An official statement said they "discussed several important issues relating to the economic development and security of the state".
Sources close to Soz told a news agency that he told the Governor that the revocation of AFSPA that Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was insisting should be done in a manner that satisfies "one and all in the state".
The Chief Minister wants the act lifted from parts of the state while the military is opposed to this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie