Soz discusses AFSPA with Governor?
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Congress chief Saif-ud-Din Soz on Monday met Governor NN Vohra here on Monday, with those close to him saying he discussed the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA).
Soz met the Governor for more than one hour. An official statement said they "discussed several important issues relating to the economic development and security of the state".
Sources close to Soz told a news agency that he told the Governor that the revocation of AFSPA that Chief Minister Omar Abdullah was insisting should be done in a manner that satisfies "one and all in the state".
The Chief Minister wants the act lifted from parts of the state while the military is opposed to this.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!