Soz urges people to defeat divisive forces
Bani (Kathua): Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Congress Committee (JKPCC) president Saifuddin Soz on Sunday appealed to the people of the state to defeat the designs of communal and divisive forces that pose a threat to the unity and integrity of the country.
"The unity and togetherness of the state is by itself a guarantee for the equitable and balanced development of all parts of the state," Soz, who is on a two-day tour of Basohli and Bani areas of Kathua district, said at a Congress rally here.
Pointing towards the commitment of his party towards equitable development for all parts of the state, the former Union minister said the Congress-NC coalition government in the state has the "all out" financial support of the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre for the same, especially the remote and backward areas of J&K.
"The vast tourism potential of these areas needs to be exploited to bring about economic upliftment in such places," Soz said.
The youth of backward areas should get access to quality education in their own region in order for them to compete with the youth in urban areas, he added.
Speaking about the upcoming panchayat Elections in the state, Soz hailed the 73rd and 74th constitutional amendments enacted in 1993 that gave Panchayati Raj constitutional recognition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account