Speaker asks J&K govt to appoint members to commission
Srinagar: Speaker of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly Mohammad Akbar Lone friday asked the state government to give a definite time frame for appointment of members to the State Backward Classes Commission to ensure its proper functioning.
The Speaker intervened during the Question Hour as State Social Welfare Minister Sakina Ittoo, in response to PDP MLA Mehbooba Mufti`s question, said the government will "soon" appoint members to the commission.
"How soon is it? One year, one month...The government should give a definite time frame.
As elected representatives, we are facing difficulties in referring cases to the commission which is not functioning properly due to lack of (adequate) members," Lone said.
The Speaker said it was "very bad" that the commission was not functioning properly. The Minister assured the Speaker that her department will pursue the matter with the Chief Minister`s office vigorously.
"We have already sent the file to Chief Minister for approval," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion