Special status of J&K against notion of `one India`: Advani
Gorakhpur (UP): BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani said on Saturday the special status given to Jammu and Kashmir should be abolished immediately as it is discriminatory and against the notion of "one India".
Addressing a book release ceremony at Gorakhnath Temple here he said "Article 370 of the Constitution gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir due to which the integrity of the Indian state is challenged."
"There should be uniform and one Constitution for all citizens of a nation," the BJP leader said.
Advani said the India can emerge as a global superpower if we are successful in preserving our national ethos and values of Hinduism.
He recalled the contribution of Swami Dayanand, Ram Krishna Parmhans and Vivekananda in spreading values of Hinduism on the global platform during 18th and 19th Century.
"It is my earnest desire that a grand temple is built at Ramjanma Bhoomi in Ayodhya," Advani said while reiterating his old stand.
Earlier, Advani released a three-volume book on Mehant Avaidya Nath of Guru Gorakhshapeeth here.
Addressing the function, Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Ashok Singhal demanded that the word "secular be eliminated from the constitution."
It gives the feeling of "atheism" which is contrary to the people of the country who are firm believer in God.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!