Special status of J&K against notion of `one India`: Advani
Gorakhpur (UP): BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani said on Saturday the special status given to Jammu and Kashmir should be abolished immediately as it is discriminatory and against the notion of "one India".
Addressing a book release ceremony at Gorakhnath Temple here he said "Article 370 of the Constitution gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir due to which the integrity of the Indian state is challenged."
"There should be uniform and one Constitution for all citizens of a nation," the BJP leader said.
Advani said the India can emerge as a global superpower if we are successful in preserving our national ethos and values of Hinduism.
He recalled the contribution of Swami Dayanand, Ram Krishna Parmhans and Vivekananda in spreading values of Hinduism on the global platform during 18th and 19th Century.
"It is my earnest desire that a grand temple is built at Ramjanma Bhoomi in Ayodhya," Advani said while reiterating his old stand.
Earlier, Advani released a three-volume book on Mehant Avaidya Nath of Guru Gorakhshapeeth here.
Addressing the function, Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Ashok Singhal demanded that the word "secular be eliminated from the constitution."
It gives the feeling of "atheism" which is contrary to the people of the country who are firm believer in God.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!