Special trains between Banihal and Baramulla for Eid
New Delhi: To clear extra rush on the occasion of Eid festival, Northern Railway will run special trains between Banihal and Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir for three days from tomorrow.
Special trains will be pressed into service between Baramulla and Banihal from tomorrow to facilitate passengers travelling during the festive period, said a senior Northern Railway official.
The Banihal-Qazigund section, part of the Kashmir rail link project, was recently commissioned with much fanfare in the presence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The special train service will be available for three days from August 9 to 11 in the section.
The Special train will start operation from Budgam at 6.10 am to arrive Banihal at 7.50 am the same day. In return the train will leave Banihal at 8 am to reach at 9.43 am.
Another train will depart from Baramulla at 2.10 PM to arrive Banihal at 5.55 pm.
Similarly, more trains will run in the section during the day including the last special train will depart from Banihal at 6 PM to arrive at Budgaon at 8.10 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you