Special trains between Banihal and Baramulla for Eid
New Delhi: To clear extra rush on the occasion of Eid festival, Northern Railway will run special trains between Banihal and Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir for three days from tomorrow.
Special trains will be pressed into service between Baramulla and Banihal from tomorrow to facilitate passengers travelling during the festive period, said a senior Northern Railway official.
The Banihal-Qazigund section, part of the Kashmir rail link project, was recently commissioned with much fanfare in the presence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The special train service will be available for three days from August 9 to 11 in the section.
The Special train will start operation from Budgam at 6.10 am to arrive Banihal at 7.50 am the same day. In return the train will leave Banihal at 8 am to reach at 9.43 am.
Another train will depart from Baramulla at 2.10 PM to arrive Banihal at 5.55 pm.
Similarly, more trains will run in the section during the day including the last special train will depart from Banihal at 6 PM to arrive at Budgaon at 8.10 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued