Special trains between Banihal and Baramulla for Eid
New Delhi: To clear extra rush on the occasion of Eid festival, Northern Railway will run special trains between Banihal and Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir for three days from tomorrow.
Special trains will be pressed into service between Baramulla and Banihal from tomorrow to facilitate passengers travelling during the festive period, said a senior Northern Railway official.
The Banihal-Qazigund section, part of the Kashmir rail link project, was recently commissioned with much fanfare in the presence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The special train service will be available for three days from August 9 to 11 in the section.
The Special train will start operation from Budgam at 6.10 am to arrive Banihal at 7.50 am the same day. In return the train will leave Banihal at 8 am to reach at 9.43 am.
Another train will depart from Baramulla at 2.10 PM to arrive Banihal at 5.55 pm.
Similarly, more trains will run in the section during the day including the last special train will depart from Banihal at 6 PM to arrive at Budgaon at 8.10 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Forex reserves touch a life-time high of $363.8 billion
- Women not safe in Bihar? After Nirbhaya-like gang-rape, another girl attacked with acid
- Modi, Putin vow to take forward India-Russia ties
- Euro 2016: Spain prepared for clash against 'powerful' Italy, says Iniesta
- READ: How Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'bowled over' this Pakistani model with his calmness