Special trains between Banihal and Baramulla for Eid
New Delhi: To clear extra rush on the occasion of Eid festival, Northern Railway will run special trains between Banihal and Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir for three days from tomorrow.
Special trains will be pressed into service between Baramulla and Banihal from tomorrow to facilitate passengers travelling during the festive period, said a senior Northern Railway official.
The Banihal-Qazigund section, part of the Kashmir rail link project, was recently commissioned with much fanfare in the presence of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
The special train service will be available for three days from August 9 to 11 in the section.
The Special train will start operation from Budgam at 6.10 am to arrive Banihal at 7.50 am the same day. In return the train will leave Banihal at 8 am to reach at 9.43 am.
Another train will depart from Baramulla at 2.10 PM to arrive Banihal at 5.55 pm.
Similarly, more trains will run in the section during the day including the last special train will depart from Banihal at 6 PM to arrive at Budgaon at 8.10 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city