Speed up inquiry against health employees: CPI(M)
Jammu: The CPI(M) unit of Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday asked the state Health department to timely conclude the inquiry against those departmental employees, who face charges of resorting to unfair means to seek employment.
"We express concern over the plight of health department employees especially Safai Karamcharis (sweepers) whose salaries have been withheld for the last eight months in connection with an ongoing departmental enquiry," CPI (M) State Secretary Mohammad Yousuf Tarigami said.
He said the snail pace with which the inquiry is going has not only affected the functioning of the department but also the families dependent on the employees under the scanner of the inquiry committee.
"First of all it makes no sense that the government wakes up after a deep slumber of some 20 years when these employees joined the department," he added.
In most of the cases, the sweepers are without their salaries for the last eight months, Tarigami said.
The CPI(M) leader said he is not against the inquiry but the pace, with which it is going on, indicates that it is heading nowhere. He urged the government to release the pending salaries of the affected employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Bada Kabristan
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened