Speed up inquiry against health employees: CPI(M)
Jammu: The CPI(M) unit of Jammu and Kashmir Wednesday asked the state Health department to timely conclude the inquiry against those departmental employees, who face charges of resorting to unfair means to seek employment.
"We express concern over the plight of health department employees especially Safai Karamcharis (sweepers) whose salaries have been withheld for the last eight months in connection with an ongoing departmental enquiry," CPI (M) State Secretary Mohammad Yousuf Tarigami said.
He said the snail pace with which the inquiry is going has not only affected the functioning of the department but also the families dependent on the employees under the scanner of the inquiry committee.
"First of all it makes no sense that the government wakes up after a deep slumber of some 20 years when these employees joined the department," he added.
In most of the cases, the sweepers are without their salaries for the last eight months, Tarigami said.
The CPI(M) leader said he is not against the inquiry but the pace, with which it is going on, indicates that it is heading nowhere. He urged the government to release the pending salaries of the affected employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!