Spice Jet flight grounded due to technical snag
Jammu: A Delhi-bound Spice Jet flight had to make an emergency landing at the city airport on Sunday after a technical snag was deducted in the plane, minutes before it was scheduled to take off, official sources said.
The Spice Jet flight SG 858, which was scheduled to take off at around 3:20 pm from the Jammu airport, was grounded following detection of a technical snag, the sources said.
They said that while the flight was gearing to take off, the airport staff detected some smoke coming out of the tail-end of the plane following which they halted the aircraft for preliminary check.
There was some issue related to the auxiliary power unit, the sources said, adding that no harm was caused to the passengers.
When the last reports came in, the plane took off at 7:35 pm after it was declared fit to operate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why