Spice Jet flight grounded due to technical snag
Jammu: A Delhi-bound Spice Jet flight had to make an emergency landing at the city airport on Sunday after a technical snag was deducted in the plane, minutes before it was scheduled to take off, official sources said.
The Spice Jet flight SG 858, which was scheduled to take off at around 3:20 pm from the Jammu airport, was grounded following detection of a technical snag, the sources said.
They said that while the flight was gearing to take off, the airport staff detected some smoke coming out of the tail-end of the plane following which they halted the aircraft for preliminary check.
There was some issue related to the auxiliary power unit, the sources said, adding that no harm was caused to the passengers.
When the last reports came in, the plane took off at 7:35 pm after it was declared fit to operate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?