Spice Jet flight grounded due to technical snag
Jammu: A Delhi-bound Spice Jet flight had to make an emergency landing at the city airport on Sunday after a technical snag was deducted in the plane, minutes before it was scheduled to take off, official sources said.
The Spice Jet flight SG 858, which was scheduled to take off at around 3:20 pm from the Jammu airport, was grounded following detection of a technical snag, the sources said.
They said that while the flight was gearing to take off, the airport staff detected some smoke coming out of the tail-end of the plane following which they halted the aircraft for preliminary check.
There was some issue related to the auxiliary power unit, the sources said, adding that no harm was caused to the passengers.
When the last reports came in, the plane took off at 7:35 pm after it was declared fit to operate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender