SPO among 6 held for selling Chinese pistol to LeT man in J-K
Jammu: Unearthing a nexus between some
securitymen and LeT operatives, police have arrested an SPO
and five other persons for allegedly selling a Chinese pistol
to a militant in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir and are on
the lookout for another policeman in this connection.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested five overground
workers of Lashker-e-Taiba -- Waseem Ahmed, Farooq Ahmed,
Maqbool Ahmed, Shabir Ahmed and Adil Hussain in Doda two days
back, Senior Superintendent of Police, Doda, Prabhat Singh
After their interrogation, one special police officer
Mohmmad Nawaz was arrested, he said. During questioning, the
OGWs claimed that one head constable D K Singh had sold a
"recovered" Chinese pistol to LeT militant Mohmmad Rashid
alias Aslan in Doda through the SPO and OGWs three years ago.
The gang had collected Rs 35000 and paid it to Singh, he
said adding that the head constable has gone absconding and a
hunt has been launched for him. Singh had joined in December
after his suspension for remaining absent from duty from
August to September last year, the SSP said.
At the same time, he said police will undertake thorough
investigation before coming to any final conclusion as the
allegations have been made by the OGWs.
All those arrested in this connection have been sent to
the Joint Interrogation Centre (JIC) in Jammu.
A case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir