SPO shoots self in J&K
Jammu: A Special Police Officer allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Tuesday.
Romesh Singh shot himself during guard duty last evening, a senior police officer said. He died on the spot.
It was not immediately known why the officer took the extreme step, he said.
The body was handed over to the family for last rites after postmortem. A case has been registered and investigation is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?