SPO shoots self in J&K
Jammu: A Special Police Officer allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Tuesday.
Romesh Singh shot himself during guard duty last evening, a senior police officer said. He died on the spot.
It was not immediately known why the officer took the extreme step, he said.
The body was handed over to the family for last rites after postmortem. A case has been registered and investigation is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price