SPO shoots self in J&K
Jammu: A Special Police Officer allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Tuesday.
Romesh Singh shot himself during guard duty last evening, a senior police officer said. He died on the spot.
It was not immediately known why the officer took the extreme step, he said.
The body was handed over to the family for last rites after postmortem. A case has been registered and investigation is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why