SPO shoots self in J&K
Jammu: A Special Police Officer allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Tuesday.
Romesh Singh shot himself during guard duty last evening, a senior police officer said. He died on the spot.
It was not immediately known why the officer took the extreme step, he said.
The body was handed over to the family for last rites after postmortem. A case has been registered and investigation is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP