Srinagar: 13 people nabbed for running sex racket
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Police on Sunday claimed to have smashed a sex racket following arrest of 13 persons including four women.
However, the kingpin of the racket, a woman, is still at large while the owner of the hotel Mohammad Yaqoob is being interrogated.
"The investigation is still going on and we expect more arrests in the coming days," the officer said.
Investigations so far have revealed that girls from poor families were being lured into sex trade on the pretext of providing jobs, he said.
Giving details of the modus operandi of the racket, the officer said the waiters at the hotel would call the girls and the male clients to the hotel.
The clients would be charged anything between Rs 3000 to Rs 5000, which would be shared by the girls, waiters and the hotel owner, he said.
A senior police officer said that 10 persons were arrested during a raid conducted on a hotel near Iqbal Park two weeks ago while three others were nabbed during
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan