Srinagar: 30 injured as bridge collapse
Srinagar: At least 30 people were injured, six of them seriously, when a wooden bridge on the Dal Lake collapsed during a protest demonstration in downtown Srinagar on Saturday.
A group of people at Gaadi Mohalla locality of Saidakadal took to streets and staged a demonstration in support of their demand for proper roads after two minor siblings drowned two days back, officials said.
They said some civil and police officials rushed to the scene and were persuading the protestors to disperse when all off a sudden the bridge collapsed.
Over 60 people on the bridge fell in the water and some 30 of them received injuries, the officials said, adding the injured were shifted to Rainawari hospital where condition of six of them was stated to be "serious".
Dozens of people were rescued and efforts are still on to ensure that nobody is still in the waters of the lake, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur