Srinagar-Jammu Highway closed due to snowfall
Srinagar: The Srinagar-Jammu National
Highway, connecting the Kashmir Valley with the rest of the
country, was closed on Monday for traffic after heavy snowfall
along the arterial route.
A traffic department official said the 294-km long
highway was closed after heavy snowfall hit the region since
late last night.
He said more than one-and-half feet of snow had
accumulated near the vital Jawahar Tunnel, nine inches of snow
in Qazigund town and seven inches of snow at Patnitop point.
The highway is a vital road link which connects the
Valley with the rest of the country and acts as a supply
channel for all essential commodities going to the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM