Srinagar-Jammu Highway closed due to snowfall
Srinagar: The Srinagar-Jammu National
Highway, connecting the Kashmir Valley with the rest of the
country, was closed on Monday for traffic after heavy snowfall
along the arterial route.
A traffic department official said the 294-km long
highway was closed after heavy snowfall hit the region since
late last night.
He said more than one-and-half feet of snow had
accumulated near the vital Jawahar Tunnel, nine inches of snow
in Qazigund town and seven inches of snow at Patnitop point.
The highway is a vital road link which connects the
Valley with the rest of the country and acts as a supply
channel for all essential commodities going to the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH