Srinagar-Jammu Highway closed due to snowfall
Srinagar: The Srinagar-Jammu National
Highway, connecting the Kashmir Valley with the rest of the
country, was closed on Monday for traffic after heavy snowfall
along the arterial route.
A traffic department official said the 294-km long
highway was closed after heavy snowfall hit the region since
late last night.
He said more than one-and-half feet of snow had
accumulated near the vital Jawahar Tunnel, nine inches of snow
in Qazigund town and seven inches of snow at Patnitop point.
The highway is a vital road link which connects the
Valley with the rest of the country and acts as a supply
channel for all essential commodities going to the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal