Srinagar-Jammu highway reopens
Srinagar: As the weather improved across the state Sunday, the Srinagar-Jammu highway was reopened for one-way traffic after three days, an official said.
"Traffic will move from Jammu to Srinagar on the highway today (Sunday). Drivers are advised to drive cautiously as slippery road conditions exist at places on the highway," said an official of the traffic department.
As reports of non-availability of electric power continued to pour in from different parts of the Kashmir Valley, engineers of the power development department (PDD) said they had restored 80 percent supplies till Saturday evening.
"Our men are still on the restoration job, but we have already restored 80 percent supply," said a PDD engineer.
The weather office said no rain or snow was expected in the Kashmir Valley during the next 24 hours although cloudy conditions would continue during this period.
Kashmir University officials who had postponed all exams till Jan 19 have said that it would be held as per the announced schedule from Monday.
Air India Sunday will be operating a flight from winter capital Jammu to Leh town for the stranded passengers of Ladakh region, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand