Srinagar-Jammu highway restored for one-way traffic
Srinagar: The strategic Srinagar-Jammu highway and the rail link between the Kashmir Valley and the Jammu region was restored Friday, authorities said.
"The Srinagar-Jammu national highway has been opened for one-way traffic. Vehicles will be allowed to move on the highway from Jammu to Srinagar today (Friday)," a senior traffic official said here.
Railway authorities have also restored train services between north Kashmir`s Baramulla town in the Kashmir Valley and Banihal town across the Pir Panjal mountains in the Jammu region.
Air traffic to the Kashmir Valley was restored Thursday after ground visibility improved.
Meanwhile, the weather office has forecast cloudy but generally dry weather during the next 24 hours in the Valley to Saturday mrning with the possibility of light snowfall at isolated places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users