Srinagar-Jammu highway restored for one-way traffic
Srinagar: The strategic Srinagar-Jammu highway and the rail link between the Kashmir Valley and the Jammu region was restored Friday, authorities said.
"The Srinagar-Jammu national highway has been opened for one-way traffic. Vehicles will be allowed to move on the highway from Jammu to Srinagar today (Friday)," a senior traffic official said here.
Railway authorities have also restored train services between north Kashmir`s Baramulla town in the Kashmir Valley and Banihal town across the Pir Panjal mountains in the Jammu region.
Air traffic to the Kashmir Valley was restored Thursday after ground visibility improved.
Meanwhile, the weather office has forecast cloudy but generally dry weather during the next 24 hours in the Valley to Saturday mrning with the possibility of light snowfall at isolated places.
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception