Srinagar-Leh highway to remain open in Nov: JK Govt
Jammu: Srinagar-Kargil-Leh highway will remain
open in November for every type of vehicle, Jammu and Kashmir
Transport Minister Qamar Ali Akhoon said on Wednesday.
"The Government has decided to keep the Srinagar-Kargil-Leh
highway open till November-end for all types of vehicles," he
said chairing a high-level meeting here.
The meeting was convened to take stock of arrangements by
the state government in view of early snowfall on Zojilla top.
He said that traffic department would monitor movement of
vehicles on the road and ensure that no vehicle remained
stranded between Sonamarg and Kargil.
On the need for construction of a tunnel at Zojilla, he
said a feasibility report has been completed and the Detailed
Project Report (DPR) was expected to be submitted by year-end.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis