Srinagar-Leh highway to remain open in Nov: JK Govt
Jammu: Srinagar-Kargil-Leh highway will remain
open in November for every type of vehicle, Jammu and Kashmir
Transport Minister Qamar Ali Akhoon said on Wednesday.
"The Government has decided to keep the Srinagar-Kargil-Leh
highway open till November-end for all types of vehicles," he
said chairing a high-level meeting here.
The meeting was convened to take stock of arrangements by
the state government in view of early snowfall on Zojilla top.
He said that traffic department would monitor movement of
vehicles on the road and ensure that no vehicle remained
stranded between Sonamarg and Kargil.
On the need for construction of a tunnel at Zojilla, he
said a feasibility report has been completed and the Detailed
Project Report (DPR) was expected to be submitted by year-end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi