Srinagar-Leh highway to remain open in Nov: JK Govt
Jammu: Srinagar-Kargil-Leh highway will remain
open in November for every type of vehicle, Jammu and Kashmir
Transport Minister Qamar Ali Akhoon said on Wednesday.
"The Government has decided to keep the Srinagar-Kargil-Leh
highway open till November-end for all types of vehicles," he
said chairing a high-level meeting here.
The meeting was convened to take stock of arrangements by
the state government in view of early snowfall on Zojilla top.
He said that traffic department would monitor movement of
vehicles on the road and ensure that no vehicle remained
stranded between Sonamarg and Kargil.
On the need for construction of a tunnel at Zojilla, he
said a feasibility report has been completed and the Detailed
Project Report (DPR) was expected to be submitted by year-end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Premier League: Liverpool complete GBP 30 million signing of Sadio Mane from Southampton
- Indian banks' bad loans may rise to 8.5% by March 2017: RBI
- EU Parliament urges `immediate` triggering of Brexit process
- Union Minister fumes over Air India flight delay, demands explanation from airline
- IND Vs WI: Ajinkya Rahane relishing West Indies challenge as the new Vice Captain