Srinagar-Leh highway to remain open in Nov: JK Govt
Jammu: Srinagar-Kargil-Leh highway will remain
open in November for every type of vehicle, Jammu and Kashmir
Transport Minister Qamar Ali Akhoon said on Wednesday.
"The Government has decided to keep the Srinagar-Kargil-Leh
highway open till November-end for all types of vehicles," he
said chairing a high-level meeting here.
The meeting was convened to take stock of arrangements by
the state government in view of early snowfall on Zojilla top.
He said that traffic department would monitor movement of
vehicles on the road and ensure that no vehicle remained
stranded between Sonamarg and Kargil.
On the need for construction of a tunnel at Zojilla, he
said a feasibility report has been completed and the Detailed
Project Report (DPR) was expected to be submitted by year-end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1
- Jorge Lorenzo pips Marc Marquez to Italian MotoGP win
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg celebrates his wedding anniversary in a 'musical' way! - See pic
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi calls for country to move towards 'cashless society'
- 4th round of global NCAP crash tests on Indian cars soon