Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service suspended
Srinagar: The weekly bus service between Srinagar and Muzaffarabad was suspended on Thursday while trade across Line of Control (LoC) in Uri sector of Baramulla
district registered the highest turnover of Rs 24.41 crore this week, official sources said.
They said the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service, popularly known as Carvan-e-Aman (peace carvan), was suspended for the week in connection with Muharram, the 10-day mourning period being observed on either side of LoC.
However, the two-day cross-border trade along the LoC in Uri sector this week registered an all-time high turnover of Rs 24.41 crore, surpassing the previous Rs 17.23 crore last
While the traders from this side exported 154 truck loads, mostly containing red chilli, worth Rs 8.91 crore, the traders imported goods worth Rs 15.5 crore in 102 trucks from
Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), the sources said.
The trade facility centre at Salamabad was abuzz with activity during the trade days on Tuesday and Wednesday, the sources said adding imported goods mostly include dry fruits which are in high demand.
However, the Cross-LoC traders again demanded upgradation of facilities at the earliest as the goods exchanged between the two sides are stored for two to three nights in the open.
The state government has sanctioned Rs 40 crore for upgrading these facilities in Uri and Chakan-da-Bagh in Poonch district but the traders are not satisfied with the pace of
The bus service between the divided parts of Kashmir started in April 2005 while the trade was started in October 2008 as part of Confidence Building Measures between India and Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27