Srinagar: Policeman killed in rifle accident
Srinagar: A constable was killed on Thursday when his colleague`s rifle accidentally went off inside a camp in Budgam district of central Kashmir, police said.
Rajesh Kumar posted with the 20th Battalion of the Indian Reserve Police, received a firearm injury in his abdomen after being shot at accidentally in a camp at Arizal, 32 kms from here, they said.
The critically injured jawan was shifted to sub-district hospital Beerwah from where he was referred to SMHS hospital. Kumar, however, succumbed to injuries on the way to the hospital.
A departmental enquiry has been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!