Srinagar: Policeman killed in rifle accident
Srinagar: A constable was killed on Thursday when his colleague`s rifle accidentally went off inside a camp in Budgam district of central Kashmir, police said.
Rajesh Kumar posted with the 20th Battalion of the Indian Reserve Police, received a firearm injury in his abdomen after being shot at accidentally in a camp at Arizal, 32 kms from here, they said.
The critically injured jawan was shifted to sub-district hospital Beerwah from where he was referred to SMHS hospital. Kumar, however, succumbed to injuries on the way to the hospital.
A departmental enquiry has been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan