Srinagar: Policeman killed in rifle accident
Srinagar: A constable was killed on Thursday when his colleague`s rifle accidentally went off inside a camp in Budgam district of central Kashmir, police said.
Rajesh Kumar posted with the 20th Battalion of the Indian Reserve Police, received a firearm injury in his abdomen after being shot at accidentally in a camp at Arizal, 32 kms from here, they said.
The critically injured jawan was shifted to sub-district hospital Beerwah from where he was referred to SMHS hospital. Kumar, however, succumbed to injuries on the way to the hospital.
A departmental enquiry has been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers