Srinagar: Policeman killed in rifle accident
Srinagar: A constable was killed on Thursday when his colleague`s rifle accidentally went off inside a camp in Budgam district of central Kashmir, police said.
Rajesh Kumar posted with the 20th Battalion of the Indian Reserve Police, received a firearm injury in his abdomen after being shot at accidentally in a camp at Arizal, 32 kms from here, they said.
The critically injured jawan was shifted to sub-district hospital Beerwah from where he was referred to SMHS hospital. Kumar, however, succumbed to injuries on the way to the hospital.
A departmental enquiry has been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US