Srinagar: Policeman killed in rifle accident
Srinagar: A constable was killed on Thursday when his colleague`s rifle accidentally went off inside a camp in Budgam district of central Kashmir, police said.
Rajesh Kumar posted with the 20th Battalion of the Indian Reserve Police, received a firearm injury in his abdomen after being shot at accidentally in a camp at Arizal, 32 kms from here, they said.
The critically injured jawan was shifted to sub-district hospital Beerwah from where he was referred to SMHS hospital. Kumar, however, succumbed to injuries on the way to the hospital.
A departmental enquiry has been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'